So, today I woke up tired and unsatisfied with myself. I look in the mirror and I see a story of a life that has been generously blessed but a future full of sabotage; sabotage because if the weight I have managed to pack on over the last 15 years does not start coming off, I won’t be here to enjoy it. I have spent the last month cleaning out rooms in my house like the daycare room. After 11 years in business I have closed down my daycare and maybe I am in a bit of a depression because of it but, I need to pull myself up and get ready for the next phase in my life.
I put on the desk top of the computer a picture of our family at Alexander’s graduation. I have dreaded and looked forward to that day for many years and it came and the experience was wonderful but I look at the picture and see how heavy I have become and how heavy my sweetheart has become and I fear for our children. Children have a tendency to become their parents because that is the lifestyle they have become accustomed to. I am determined to break the mold here and now.
Starting on July 15, 2011, I will begin to post everything I eat. Yes, everything because maybe on paper I will be more determined to shed these pounds if it is on paper. I will document with photos, graphs, excerpts from books I find helpful, and in no way is this a diet, this will be a lifestyle change. Eating and becoming obese is a psychological problem as well as a physiological problem because food is a comfort, a friend to pass the time and it won’t be easy. It has taken me 15 years to get to where I am at and I know it will take time to change the way I think about food and about myself. Don’t get me wrong, I love ME, but I have managed to not be good to myself and that is about to change. I want to become like the butterflies I would buy at Insect Lore, fat roly poly worms who transform into beautiful butterflies.
Along with this, I will post my recipes. I have a tendency to create and am not real big on recipes so, I will try to be a little better about this.
I am excited. I am excited because I hope this will clear my head to be a better writer and hopefully, those out there who feel as I do will know we are not alone.
Hey Case!
ReplyDeleteAwesome blog. I am in the same boat you're in and I recently started a new diet and exercise routine. I have an app on my phone called the cardio trainer. I can take my phone with me on walks and with the GPS it follows me and logs how far I've walked, how fast, how many calories I've burned, etc. etc. I can log in other workouts like Zumba, swimming and other exercises and it will calculate how many calories burned for that workout. I can log in what I've eaten throughout the day and for my weight goal it tells me how many calories I need to eat per day and it adds it up for me so I can relax and not stress over trying to figure it out myself. It also has a good, caution and bad foods list so you know what to stay away from. I just added Scott to it so he can start the healthy journey with me also. I've been doing it for a week now and have already lost two pounds. I'll be here to cheer you on with your journey to a healthier you! Good luck!
That is awesome information, Stacey. Thank you for sharing that. I will see if my Android has that app. I bought a vita mix and I truly love it. I juice at least once a day and it even tastes good. Thanks for the feed back and hopefully soon we will rediscover the healthier us.
ReplyDeleteCheers to you, my friend!!!
Miss Casey,
ReplyDeleteI hope you do well on your plan. You have a wonderful outlook, and that will help you in the long run. This is an area that I've struggled with as well...especially after having children. I'm eating better now, and have lost 42 pounds in the process. I need to focus more on exercise now...something I plan to "work on" in the near future.
Thanks for sharing your new blog site with us. I've been contemplating on starting one myself; however, when (and if) I do start one...it will be focused on writing/writing for children. I read in your blog that you want to be a better writer. Are you thinking about writing for children or are you talking about writing in general? Let me know. Maybe we can collaborate on a children's book if you're interested.
Take care, my friend, and keep us posted.
Good for you! You've taken some great first steps! One of the most important is realizing that it must be a life-style change; for the rest of your life -- so you CAN live and have the life you deserve.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I promise you, you will feel so much better -- physically, emotionally, and in all ways. One helpful website is sparkpeople.com. Lots of tips and motivational information; a whole lot more than I take time to look at, but it seems to be good stuff. I use some of the material with my coaching clients.
So, KUDOS to you for putting it out here for all of us.
Rootin' for you,
Annis
Wow Case that was some blog. I'll be there to root you on and maybe jump along for the ride to shed the almost 120 lbs i have put on since high school.
ReplyDeleteI can help you create recipes too I'm pretty good at that as you well know.
Glad you are so enthusiastic about it, that kind of attitude will definitely see success.
Love you Case
Christine
good luck to you. i am also(again) trying to drop some weight that i added back in my twenties. skip desserts and easy on the bread.
ReplyDelete