Saturday, July 30, 2011

Getting back my mojo cause it was lost.

Have not written in awhile.  Decided to care for some children whose DC provider was on vacation.  Led me back to a lot of old habits I do not like.  I am used to eating when I am hungry, light snack, salad, making dinner and having it on the table by 5pm but this week just threw it all off.  We were back to eating at 7pm and I found my stamina was gone.  Don't get me wrong, I love working with the kids.  I love the hugs and watching them play but working in my home with children is not for me any longer.  I do have 2 children I watch occassionally that are a blast and just fit in with us but it is not all the time.
  So, with all that said, does this mean having a job or career that is not fulfilling or does not make you want to jump out of bed every day cause the bad habits to resurface?  I am curious.  This weekend, Chris and I have been lethargic, tired and lacking any energy.  I have forced myself up and out the door to water and garden a little bit, but, I know I have to get back into the swing of things.  Food is my comfort, and a pint of Baskin Robbins Pistachio Almond sounds so wonderful but my body needs a salad and a slice of watermelon more.
  My challenge to myself and to those who are so awesome to share my thoughts with me is this; are you happy?  Does your daily life reflect who you are and what you want out of this life?  Do you look in the mirror and see someone with regrets or do you see someone you like and want to continue growing and getting better day by day?  I know the Lord has plans for me, fantastic plans filled with abundant blessings but he needs me to rise to the occasion and become who I am meant to be.
Share your thoughts with me.
P.S.  My friend , Susan, sent this to me and I do agree with it.  I love apples with cinnamon sprinkeld on them and pears too.  Almonds are just awesome, not to mention, my fave snack in cucumbers and hummus.  Enjoy!
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/07/29/foods-that-keep-you-thin.aspx?e_cid=20110729_DNL_art_1

No comments:

Post a Comment