Monday, July 18, 2011

Here I go again

  Well, after a stressful morning of explaining to Target, yes I did pay my credit card bill...IN FULL and have a receipt, I have an enormous headache, so I went into the office cave and decided to write.  I saw a Nestle water commercial that really concerned me and gave me cause for concern.  Kids are playing sports and the coach gives the kids a sports drink, which yes, I do know they are sugary but their is reason for them, The coach tells the kids they are losing WATER, the kid says well if we are losing water, why not give us water?  The coach takes the water away and replaces with Nestle water.  Irrespnsible advertising after all the kids, even a few here in Bako that we have lost because of too much water during practice and no electrolytes.  I called Nestle.  I hope to hear or see the commercials and their marketing change on this matter.
  I also read an article from SELF magazine about the 3 veggies with the least nutrition.  #1 was celery.  # 2, cucumbers and #3, iceberg lettuce.  I don't know about you but, these are veggies that are crunchy and I eat instead of potatoe chips now.  Iceberg is my replacement for bread.  Nothin like Thai chicken wraps.  Why does it seem there has to be so much negativity in our society?  Now we're pickin on the healthy food too? Well, I like these foods and pair them with the more nutritious veggies their just as good. 
here is a website sent to me by my friend Susan, check it out:
The best foods that fill you up and boost your metabolism and shed pounds

3 comments:

  1. i use cucumbers as food conveyance. egg salad, hummus whatever used to travel to my mouth via cracker. i also like endives instead of bread. tuna salad is yummy in an endive boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Trish on the endive boats. Also use romaine hearts for when I have a "big" wrap to do. The veggies mentioned may not be the BEST, but they beat out potato chips and white bread. That's gotta count for something! xoA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought about endive. I will have to try that. Got a bad sweet tooth today, ate 2 slices of watermelon and avoided the lemon bar on the counter. I love cucumbers and will try it with hummus and egg salad. I really love butter lettuce as well.

    ReplyDelete