Sunday, July 17, 2011

Health; what is it?

Getting healthy is more than just exercising and eating right.  Getting healthy is about facing yourself every day and liking who you see in the mirror.  According to Merriam/ Webster dictionary,       "health is:
a : the condition of being sound in body, mind, or spirit; especially : freedom from physical disease or pain b : the general condition of the body <in poor health> <enjoys good health>
  I realized today that I really do like myself, so if that is true, don't I deserve the healthiest body possible?  You better believe it.  How am I changing my habits?  Well, I park farther away as often as possible.  I tried a Dr. Pepper yesterday and it made me sick, so, I made a gallon of passion iced tea decaffeinated, no sugar, no sweeteners.  Cut out sugary drinks, even with the fake sweeteners.  Stay out of the middle aisles of the grocery store; they are toxic.  Eat less salt.  These are some of the things I am doing.  Today I ate herb roasted chicken and broccoli.  I had some au gratin potatoes, but, I believe that was the last of them to be seen for awhile.  I also had 2 riblets that I bbq'ed and a yummy salad and a nice big slice of watermelon to curb that want of sweets.  I even like the watermelon just a bit frozen if I want something really cold.
  Refined sugar is the hardest thing for me to cut out.  I know that if I want to be successful I have to find ways to curb my want of sweets, and yet, not always deny myself.  What do I want from myself?  I want...I want health.  Healthy body, healthy mind and healthy soul.
  Here's to heath!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment