Friday, July 13, 2012

So, I have not been as consistent as I should be in writing my blog, but I am finding out a lot about myself and really want to share my thoughts.  I find myself at this current time to be idle and I do not like it.  No matter how many times I say I can't wait to have time to do nothing, I hate it.  This summer has been spent at home, inside my box cleaning out rooms and contemplating my next move but the problem is, I do not know what my next move is.  I complete my Bachelors degree in the winter of 2013 and next week I will be auditioning for the Biggest Loser, but I do not know of my plans beyond that. 
  I have been walking MWF with friends at our local mall.  We walk, talk, strategize and just get to know one another while walking and working to better our physiques.  I am sore, but its a kind of sore that lets you know, "oh it has been too long since I used that body part properly".  My sleep pattern is off and I know that impedes ones ability to shed pounds as well, so that is a habit I must work on to help myself, but I keep asking myself, "what do you want to do, what is your five year plan, where do you go from here and how is all that time at school going to help you out in future endeavors"?  I am not sure yet.  I turn 40 this September and I pray daily for clarity as to what do I want to do when I grow up?  It seems my husband has found clarity, he has found something he enjoys, but what happened to my path?  I love writing, I have so many thoughts and ideas and I cannot seem to organize them into the folders they need to be in so that I have organization of my thoughts.  I tend to go all over the place and that is not good for an aspiring writer, so, I sit here with my mind crowded and ready to burst at the seams with ideas, with stories, with knowledge, and with life lessons only learned from experiencing them. 
  With all of this thinking, with all of this writing and with all of this ability to be and do more, maybe it should be time to get to it?  Here lies the problem and where I find the solution.

1. value myself more.  I am worth it
2. listen more, talk less, write continuously
3. change is inevitable, look for it, watch for it and do not hide from it
4. surround myself more with like-minded people.  You grow when you are held accountable to those who expect more from you.

Those are my four epiphany's for the day. 

2 comments: