So, Have not blogged since last weds. So much to say and write about. Have had an adventure and have seen and met a lot of people so sit back, take a deep breath and I hope you enjoy my adventure.
Thursday morning was the start of 5 days of non-stop go! I graduated from the Kern County Network for Children's Leadership class. That was an honor and privilege to be a part of. Sheriff Youngblood was there, heads of departments were there and my mom was there. It felt good to be a part of something so fulfilling and gave me a lot of confidence to be better and to achieve a higher standard in my pursuits to a new career. Thursday night, Chris graduated from Associated Builders and Contractors from Crane school. Dinner was amazing, Filet Mignon, potatoes and asparagus with salad. Chris talked with Supervisor Goh and Assemblywoman Shannon Grove. We made new friends at our table and the evening was great.
Friday was interesting. Because the last few days were hectic, I did not go to bed Thursday night and paid for it dearly Friday. Mom-in-law, Jordyn, James(her boyfriend) Aimee and myself, packed up the Sequoia and set out for San Diego for a family reunion with Chris' family. Absent were Chris, Alex and Pop, all of the Knaak men. I missed them terribly because after all, this is my hubbys family and many he had not met or had not seen in many years. His cousin, Annameik and her 2 adorable daughters were there from Holland. Funny, we see her more than relatives that only live 6 hours away. Chris' cousin Thayer was an Arizona state senator, his cousin John, was in the original Red Dawn with Patrick Swayze. Both men, fun to meet and get to know. Draw back to weekend; horrible hotel, and I mean one of the worst I have ever stayed in. Comfort Inn on Hotel Circle South, please avoid, smelled like mildew and you had to step into the tub to close the door to the bathroom.
Many of you may want to ask, "what about Biggest Loser, how did it go? Are you on?" Unfortunately, no, did not get a call back, but made 3 new friends, stood behind a man that graduated from South High in 1987 and now lives in San Diego and met a couple who were just amazing and I look forward to getting to know further. They had an amazing story to tell about their life together and meeting them made the 5 hours in line go by very fast. I did not get the call back but I did realize that my life has taken a change and I do believe for the better. It has been a hard two years and I know it has been hard for several people, but I have learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of and I do believe that with hardship comes education; about yourself and about what one is capable of doing when faced with adversity. Our country is in turmoil and jobs are scarce so I believe we have to get inventive and make a place for ourselves. I am excited about the change that is occurring in me and within my family. I believe we have laid some very positive groundwork for the next phase in our lives. I am all for change and have found that I actually crave it more than I thought.
Today, I am unpacking, doing laundry and canning fresh peaches for winter, but want to leave words from President Kennedy: "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." And I would take that to a smaller scale as well, What can you do for your county, get involved volunteering and to say you have no time, no time to give back to the community you live in, there is ALWAYS time. Even if only 1 hour a week, there is time. With that said, time to move my body this morning, time to get busy with my day and be productive and give of myself and to be good to myself. I am so worth the work and so are each of you. Look in that mirror and if you do not like what you see, please, change it til you do.
No comments:
Post a Comment