Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!

  Chris woke up this morning for work around 3am like he usually does and for some reason, after only 4 hours asleep, I was up with him.  We chatted, I kissed him good morning as he left to start his day and I walked outside with him to close the gate to the driveway.  The air had a hint of rain to it, cool, inviting, just daring me to get moving with my day.  I am up, I am loving having the windows open and having a yummy breakfast of an egg and toast with a glass of O.J. It dawned on me just how much I could get done today.  A walk not inside the confines of the mall, but outside where it is breezy, I can hear the birds singing to one another, wow, are we still in Kansas, Toto?
  I prayed last night, I prayed for clarity, I prayed for my ankle to get better and I prayed to find a way to be innovative.  I have clarity on this beautiful morning, my ankle is sore but so much better, and I am seeing ideas to be innovative.  I know that when the Lord closes one door, another is there ready to open.  Sometimes we have to knock a few times to get it open and sometimes we are the ones with the key in our possession and it is up to us to unlock the door, whatever the case may be, It's there; hope, light, promise of things yet to come, creativity, and a lot of hard work.  Nothing is handed to us because if it was, it wouldn't be worth it.  I am ready to sweat, ready to break a few nails, ready to cry because I can't take another step and all because the pay-off will only be that much sweeter, that much more rewarding.
  When you pour your coffee this morning, breathe in the aroma, enjoy and savor the pick-me-up it offers a little more.  Savor that good morning kiss to your sweetheart, linger in your childs bedroom door way for a moment longer before waking them and enjoy that peacefulness and when you do wake them from their slumber, hug them tightly, kiss them, and remember the joy of holding them in your arms for the first time.  This is a day to really enjoy, treasure, because after all, who knows what tomorrow will bring.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Kiki. It really is a wonderful day.
    B

    ReplyDelete