Well, I awoke to the phone ringing at 5:13 a.m. My heart stuck in my throat just a bit as I called the number back and heard the love of my life in pain. His chest hurt and he wasn't sure what was going on. I abruptly woke our 18 yr. old out of his peaceful sleep to go get my sweety so he could drive the car home. When we pulled over, because Chris felt sick, I noticed just how pale and clammy he felt. I immediately made him get back into the car and we went to the hospital just down the road. All I could think was, "did we screw up ourselves so much that we have sacrificed our future?" Fortunately for us, I began to just cry when the doctor said he appeared to have some inflammation in the chest that irritated and made him sick. He is ok, but, was that the Lord saying, "hello, heed my warning?" I do believe so. I have watched lately as our closest friends have gotten back to getting their health into a priority and the awesome weight loss and how great they both feel.
Cleaned out the fridge. Will be cleaning out the pantry next and next cleaning out our bodies. Chris, the kids and I are going to go on a detox that is healthy and great for us so that we can start to eliminate the garbage we do not need. What does it take to understand our bodies are our temples? I truly hope we get it now because next time well, I do not want to think about it.
I'm glad to hear Chris is going to be okay and well. How scary. I fear that I will get that phone call one day from Scott too. You know him, no healthy food. Next week he goes in for his blood work check up and I hope they don't find anything bad.
ReplyDeleteWe just got back from vacation in Montana and I didn't stick with my diet as I should have. Since I've been home I've been feeling horrible and have no energy. I need my good food back so I can feel alive again. I do think that if you eat good food you feel better about you, life, everything. I just wish I had some people in my house on the same page as me, it would make this healthy stuff a lot more easier.
I understand what your saying, Stace. Scared Alex, he never sees his dad scared. Scared Aimee when she realized where we went. When I told them we were going to eat better, no more junk, I got no arguments. I think the Lord knocked today to let us know our path with food and lack of exercise is destructive. I am relying, "I hear you Lord and I am on it."
ReplyDelete