Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Goals

Goals, goals are such a necessity in life.  My goal at this moment is to rid my palette of those menacing otter pops that plague me so.  So according to dictionary and Wikipedia, the definition of a goal is:
goal or objective is a desired result a person or a system envisions, plans and commits to achieve—a personal or organizational desired end-point in some sort of assumed development. Many people endeavor to reach goals within a finite time by setting deadlines. 
  So here is my problem.  I am a chronic procrastinator and now, almost at the age of 39, I have decided to make it my goal to NOT be a procrastinator any more, so, where do I go from here?  I know that, A) I must committ to making good grades this quarter and fulfilling my comittment to my studies.  B) clean my house when I say I will.  C) commit to the goal of putting down those otter pops and walk away.  D) set the goal to be healthier, more dedicated to myself and to my family and finally E) know that I am worth reconnecting with the real thinner me.  Been a while since we chatted but I think it can be done, NO, I know it can be done because only I stand in my way.  Sleep is the other big commitment and goal I need to set.  I need to make it a priority to sleep more that 4 hrs. a night.  Lack of sleep gets in the way of success and other wonderful things.  I have a book to write, a voice that needs to be retrained and the ability to slap laziness down to it's knees.  Now, I need me to stand up, strap on that pack and away I go.  I know there is more but it will just have to wait until the next blog.
  As always, working towards a better me.   


2 comments:

  1. Hi Case ~

    I have a couple of recent blog posts on Goals and some techniques that I've used to help accomplish some of mine. See www.thedaymaker.blogspot.com if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. I will definitely read up on your blog and utilize them. Can never have enough help.

    ReplyDelete