Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello Me. How are you doing?

Hello, and I hope everyone is having a good week.  I am excited to write today, why?  Thought you would never ask.  I have been experimenting this week or should I say the last month to see some of my triggers to food.  What makes me want to eat more, snack when I do not need it?  Me!!
  About 5 weeks ago, my close friend, Annalise called and said, "hey, let's have a spa party.  I will bring everything and you invite whoever you want."  I thought about it and decided, why not.  We had so much fun.  I remembered how much fun it is be to be a girl, a woman so, I started not only applying my make-up (which I always do the base) but, I started wearing mascara and eye liners again.  I even started painting my finger nails too.  After my shower this afternoon,  Aimee came in and asked where I was going.  I was  putting on mascara and eyeliner because I could not bring myself to walk away from the counter without it, so, on it went.  I looked at me and I liked what I saw and then had to come write about it.  Self image is so very important.  I don't do my make-up or my hair for my hubby, I do it for me.  I walk straighter, I smile bigger and I feel better about myself when I pamper myself.  With that, it benefits my hubby and our relationship because I feel good about myself, he feels good coming home to a wife who is secure in herself.   I also find that I do not need junk food but rather that slice of honey dew or apple looks better than junk food.  That glass of unsweetened ice tea is more refreshing than a pepsi.  When YOU look in the mirror, who do you see?  I know I have asked that question but, it seems so much more important to me today than it did yesterday.  Are you bored?  I was today but when I got up off the couch, FINALLY!!!!!  I felt so much better stepping out of the shower and taking the time to look my best today.  I also found my daughter smiled really big at me because, well, I AM her Role Model and she could tell I felt my best.  She takes her ques from me.  I am scared right now, every day since I closed down my daycare.  I am scared of the next fork in the road and where it will lead me and my family but, if I do not try, if I do not decide to open myself up to the possibilities of greatness in my life and that I DO have something to offer, I will live with regret and regret is hard to swallow.
  So, I ask you, those who are reading this and taking this journey with me, encouraging me, what will you change today that will help you feel better about yourself?  I have found, people treat you the way you treat yourself and the way you value yourself.  I do not mean be pompous and vain, but feel good about yourself, hold your head high, smile at everyone who passes by, look in the mirror and if you do not like what you see...Change it.  You deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. i decided to start dressing up for everyday stuff. i used to be known for my quirky attire when i worked at the library, but switched to t shirts and such after starting the daycare. i was tired of my pretty clothes hanging in the closet all the time so i decided to put on the dog no matter where i go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me. I own every color of GAP t-shirt known. Tired of the frump look, time to look like I want to feel, ready to go and awaiting for a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete