2012 is finally over, not that it was horrible, it was personally a gratifying year but with it also came so much loss. My family has seen a year of great change and for a woman who hated change, I learned to embrace it rather quickly. My husband found a job that has allowed him to grow professionally and allows him further growth if he so chooses. He is a much happier more content man and our marriage and family flourishes because of it. I started a journey last January that has brought several people into my life both professionally and personally and there has been a lot of fear for me to overcome and I am choosing this year to hit it head on. I went back into the work place after 16 years to a career that is very gratifying and I can truly say that most days it does not feel like work. I have met people, lost some wonderful friends that I miss terribly and will carry them in my heart til my last breath and I have bid adue to some friendships because they were toxic to me and my family. I wrote on my facebook this morning the following:
"I no longer resolute but rather set my new 1
year goals, realistic goals that is. Some are wildly optimistic and
some are mildly simple but all in all, they are mine to achieve and fail
at. 2013 brings change abundantly and leaves behind a year of loss. I
am the keeper of my dreams and goals, my achievements and failures but
the key is to own up to them and humbly acknowledge them. My family is
prepared for new beginnings and the release of a long cherished
dwelling, so, to this new year, my dear friends and family, I salute
2013 and say, "bring it on, we are ready for you!!"
I see a bright future full of endless possibility and I know that the only person to stand in the way of success is ME!! Each and every one of us holds within ourselves the ability to manifest great and wonderful things. I have my Lord there to help and guide me and sometimes when I am scared out of my wits, I pray for guidance and for the ability to take that very first step of the ledge where a new road awaits but is yet unseen. My family is leaving this dwelling that we have called home for 17 years and we are moving to a new home, a new location, a new way of life. We should all strive to be healthier, live cleaner and shine every chance we get because tomorrow is truly a mystery.
This year I also choose to be more fiscally responsible and will not try to keep up with the Jones' because they are in more debt than I and that is not the life I want to live. I want to be more of a role model to my grown son and teenage daughter. I want them to see that failure is when you DO NOT get back up after falling down and success is standing firm when no one believes in your dreams but you. So, with that said, clean out your closets, throw out the trash, sweep away the cobwebs and push fear to the rear and bid adue to the old year and say hello to the new one. I challenge you to succeed, I challenge each of you to believe you WILL succeed.
nicely put!
ReplyDeleteThis is great Casey! May you continue to be blessed this New Year.
ReplyDelete