I have not blogged in awhile. Maybe because my journey to find out why I eat to self soothe has been a long drawn out journey. Sometimes the reason we do things goes much deeper. This year has been not just a hill to climb but a mountain conquest. I started a new job almost one year go. I love my job, my career and I love the possibilities it brings to my life, the incredible possibilities that lye before me. Now it is my job to lay the groundwork and to learn and teach as I go. This year we moved into a new home after raising our family for 20 years in the last one. Our new home brings new memories to fill it with and we feel stronger in this home.
This year brought great loss in my life. Sitting here now and fully grasping what has been lost is very overwhelming; one of my best friends, Rosanne, who if it were not for her in my life I would never have been on the road I have been on for the last 13 years. She was an amazing friend and I called her sister. I loved her very much and I miss her every single day. I see her daughters and I know she is forever here.
Just this past April, We lost my father-in-law. My memories of him are constantly around me. I see him in my husband and I hear his voice with every joke told by my children. I miss his hugs and the way he would laugh when he told a joke. What we learn when we endure tragedy and heartache is up to us. I know that when I feel the need to tell someone what they mean to me, I tell them. I tell them because no matter what, people are important. The ones we care about should be told of their importance in our lives and so I have taken up this philosophy. Be mindful of your words and and your actions. They can hurt like a sword. Forgive every chance you get. Forgiveness is not for the other person, it's for ourselves. Negativity eats at the soul and makes a person very bitter.
With all of this said, I will blog about something I know how to do; get out of debt. I will share our road with each of you. This journey is not for the weak at heart, but for the strong minded and strong hearted and each day I pray for the four of us to do what needs to be done. No eating out, no extra clothes or impulse buys, and no more wasteful spending; time to plug up the holes where money tends to leak out. Debt can cripple families, destroy couples and defeat the strongest of individuals, so, Chris and I are starting off with a pledge to one another and to our family that we are getting out of debt and we are including our children in this process because we want them to be aware of the debt pits and to not stumble INTO them. We are starting with credit cards. We will share how we talk to the credit card companies, how to deal with them, debt stacking, how to travel on a shoe string budget and best of all how it feels when that final payment is paid.
I hope you join us this little adventure. It will be a bumpy ride filled with a lot of emotion but in the end you will want to ask yourself, "why didn't I do this sooner?"
Stay tuned....
No comments:
Post a Comment