Saturday, October 1, 2011
Another way
So, here I am and I have missed my blog. Have been so busy with school and the stress of not working. I am finding that my mind goes 90 miles a minute trying to re-invent myself and being scared to death that I do not have the skills necessary to re-enter the work force. Let's see, I am a bit fluffy these days and out of shape and I don't like working for others because I have done it my way for sooo long, (thank you, Frank), but there has to be something out there for a woman who has determination, creativity, compassion and longing to be the best at whatever she does, just not at being fluffy. My eating habits have slowed greatly and I find myself making better choices. I love my fruit in the morning with a protein and the more salad the better. I have recently re connected with one of my aunts and I am very happy about that. Family can be hard but there are so many memories and shared experiences and I am of the belief family is family. Find a common ground and build from it. Politics and Religion is not the only thing there is to talk about and sometimes you just have to agree to disagree. She is teaching me about things that have been important to me but have recently really decided time to implement into my life. Our garbage disposal broke and I do not miss it because the waste can go into a composter. What a way to reuse and not contribute more to the dumps. Seriously trying to be more earth friendly and that is not a political stance, that is being mindful of our environment. Takes time to not be wasteful and have even begun to try to not buy new for at least the next 3 months, buy all local fruits and veggies (do that now) but also my meats as well. Be mindful of what I already have and try to reduce my trash by half. Trying to rid myself of waste and be of the mind set that less is more. So, with that said...I also need more sleep because my research paper is about how productive college students are with more sleep. What better test subject than myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have a lot going on. Stay strong! And, don't forget a few minutes each day, just for yourself.
ReplyDelete